Well I just wanted to get this off my chest... it may just make me feel better.
So... for sunday school I have the wonderful yet horrible calling of teaching the 14-18 year olds. It really is a rewarding calling and at times sooooooo hard! The past 3 weeks have been absolutely horrible. I will just tell of a few experiences
3 weeks ago an 18 year old boy that really just needs his butt kicked says "whoa you are seriously getting huge, you're gonna explode before you have that baby." ok first off, who says that? second off, thats not funny, thats just stupid.
2 weeks ago he comments in front of the class again how i just keep getting huge every week and imitates me by blowing out his cheeks and putting his hands in front of his belly showing how "huge" i am
TODAY- Not only does this boy say things but the whole class pretty much decides to chime in with comments. It started out with the 18 year old's younger brother and a girl whispering to each other and laughing... I see him blow out his cheeks and put his hands in front of his stomach. I said what are you guys laughing at? He says i can't tell you, you will feel bad. I am thinking... than why in the world are you saying anything? That is SO rude. Then they talked about how my baby is going to be huge coming out because I am so "huge". THEN.. this was the most annoying one. This girl that comes sometimes and just has an attitude walks in late with a freakin rubix cube. Ya, i guess 17 year olds still need toys in class. Well she sits there playing with it being super loud and not even paying attention. So i finally asked her to put it away and didn't want to embarass her so I blamed it one me. I said, hey can you please put that away, ever since I have been pregnant my hearing has gotten really good and thats pretty much all i can hear. She looked at me and said "oh my, i hope i never get pregnant, all you and all the other pregnant girls i know do is complain... Im too hot, im too cold, im uncomfortable, my feet hurt... waah waah waah, im so sick of it. I looked at her like i wanted to kick her freakin face in. I said I hope you don't get pregnant either because you probably couldn't handle it. Then i said and really you have no opinion because you have never been pregnant and neither does anyone else in this class! No boys will ever be pregnant so they can't have an opinion on it. She made this loud noise like she was so bugged and rolled her eyes at me. I mean seriously what a freakin brat! I was so mad, i have been so patient up until this time but after all this I AM DONE. I talked to the Bishop after and said I just can't do it anymore. Every sunday I wake up dredding my class and having to stand up for myself. So we will see what happens from here on out. I just don't understand how people (teenagers) can be so rude. I know I was loud and obnoxious but I was NEVER rude to someone on purpose... something must be in the water in this neck of town. sheesh.
WELL--- I might as well show my belly pictures now so you can all see how "HUGE" i am :)

Sunday, December 5, 2010
Who honestly says that?!?
Posted by Cassidy and Taylor at 1:10 PM

5 comments:
Well I think you look adorable! What do 14-18 year old know anyway?! NOTHING!!! I am hoping I look as cute as you do when I am pregnant!
Me and Gary are so sorry you are still going through this. I would call their parents. Well we love you, and if they think you are big this far along wait till the see me:) The bigger the healthier BABY. yOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.
Cass, seriously do not listen to them because they have NO IDEA what they are even saying. I think that at that age they are so focused on themselves and trying to be funny or cool in front of their friends that they have no regard for other's feelings. I was in young women's and all the girls were angels, but then I heard that in Sunday School they were all brats...I think that being mixed witht he boys and girls just makes them crazy. Anyways...you're adorable!! I hope that everything else with your pregnancy is going great...So, if you haven't had your baby shower, I would love to see ya. Or just call me and we can do lunch or something. 801-706-6677
I can't believe your class!! I am so sorry you have to deal with that. When I was pregnant.. if anyone said any of that to me.. I probably would have broken down and cried my eyes out. You look FREAKING ADORABLE pregnant!!! I was a lot bigger than you! Plus, you are so right, that girl probably couldn't handle being pregnant! No one knows how tough it is until you are there! If you need anything or need a girls night let me know! Love ya!
Hey haha... thanks everyone! I know this blog was a huge VENT... but it felt good to get it all out!
I actually was released and feel a lot better now :)
I still wanna punch them all in the face though. hahahaha
Post a Comment