My photo
Those of you that know Taylor and I... know that we are inseparable. If you want one, you will get both! We truly are best friends and fall in love more and more every day. Our life together is so much fun and it just keeps getting better! We just had our beautiful baby girl February 1, 2011 and she is just PERFECT! We love her so much! Welcome to our lives Scarlet!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

January through March

I have a feeling it all started with...................................THIS.......................................
7 years bad luck...








The other day I grabbed my exercise ball to take it down stairs, I lost hold of it and it went tumbling down the stairs... it hit into our huge 7 foot mirror... I watched in horror as it slowly started to fall forward. It hit our railing and glass went flying EVERYWHERE!!!!!





Welcome to the New Year! :)
















JANUARY-
Well, we were lucky this January and got to spend 3 nights in the HOSPITAL! Taylor came home from a track meet and was really sick with pain in his kidneys. He got home at about ten at night and we just came home and went to bed. He woke me up at about 2 am and told me how sick he was. I watched him rolling on the ground in pain and i KNEW it was not good... I called my dad, (cause he knows all) and he said to go right to the ER. We were there waiting about an hour until they finally gave him some meds. After that he felt much better. They did a few tests and thought he may be passing a kidney stone, but found that that was not the case. Instead, they came back and told us they wanted to keep him over night because he was in "acute kidney failure"... i was like... WhAT?? So, he was there for three nights with fluids pumping in him. It was pretty hard on him because he is used to being so healthy. The doctor's still don't know exactly why this happened. In the end they came to the conclusion that it may have been caused from dehydration and taking Ibuprofen... This was an answer we were ok with, but still worried. One other thing they think it might be is called Rabdomilaysis.. (not spelled right) that is where the body breaks down muscle and the kidneys absorb it. It is really rare for someone young like him, so who knows. We havent been too worried about it since until the other night... on March 27th he had kidney pain AGAIN.. This time it was not bad enough to go to the ER, but enough for him to be sick all night. This is a huge worry for us because it shows that something really is wrong and it was not just dehydration. Although we don't know why this is happening we are in high spirits and know that everything will be fine! :o) I just tease him that if he would have just a little bit of fat on that body he would be fine!!! haha so maybe he will just have to get a little fat so his muscles wont have to break down when he exercizes hard. :o) Anyways, so that was a fun advernture for us.. All of our family and friends came over to visit him and it was so great. it is nice to know that we have so many people that love and care for us!!! We also had someone drop a box of food off at our house. One friend gave us 100$ for some of the medical bills since BOTH of Taylor's insurances are denying us. We also had many meals brought to us. We are seriously SOOO thankful for everyone that has been so loving to us! Thanks again to all! We called this pole his.... "girlfriend" cause she had to follow him everywhere. haha. He was so funny he would stick his bum out and hunch over and take really little steps like an old man while walking to the bathroom... it would crack me up! I love how Tay made light of the situation. It made it a good time even though we were stuck at the hospital! :)

I wish I had a picture of Kenz in her cute scrubs... but I don't. Instead here is a picture of her. The reason I have this picture is because Kenz was our little nursey, well she wasn't really OURS... but she took care of us like she was. She even brought me breakfast for the first morning. How nice is that??? Thanks Kenz, you are a very thoughtful person and I am so greatful to have a cousin like you!






FEBRUARY-

Well this Feb the really only exciting things we did was we went to a stake Valentine's dance. We at Javiers and later got to hit the dance floor. They played a few country line dances and i was in HEAVEN. We were also able to dance to a bunch of slow songs. It was like highschool all over again. LOL.





MARCH-
Well there were a whole bunch of exciting things that happened this month!!! Janessa's birthday party was pretty much awesome, I also had a birthday and some other fun things.


I will start with Ness' party.
Well she had an AMAZING idea for a party and it was AWESOME! 80'S skating!! I was able to borrow some awesome outfits from my sis in law. I say outfit's cause I gave one to Harm to wear and we all looked hilarious. It was pretty fun to skate around the floor and to see all the funny looks we got. I am sure everyone there thought we were freakin weirdo's... but that was the best part! Ness told me i looked like Kelly from saved by the bell... what do ya think??
Anyways, happy birthday ness, that was an awesome party and I am so glad you are my sister in law. Not only are you my sista, but you are one of my Best Friends... and i really like that.


March 20th was the girls Easter shopping day! This is always a fun time to get together with all my sisters and spend some quality time! We spend the day laughing at funny outfit's, eating lunch and just asking each other what we think of each others choices of clothes. This is a tradition we have had for years now and it is fun to have all our sister in law's added into the picture. Thanks for the good time mama and for saving up money so that we can have this fun time. I hope you know I really appreciate that you do this for us... and I really enjoy it!!! Happy Easter to all!!!





AND... THIS IS HOW I SPENT MY BIRTHDAY!!
You ask how and why???? Well, I will tell you.......

March 24, 2010 the day before my Birthday... I was at a soccer game. A boy was running with the ball and I was running along side of him... I decided to give the ball a little poke with my left foot and that was a HUGE mistake. As i poked the ball he shot the ball as hard as he could. This caused my foot to twist and since I was in front of him his whole weight fell on me as my foot was completely twisted. I fell to the ground and all the sudden this wave of pain came and I grabbed my ankle, started rolling and screams were coming out of me. There was seriously nothing I could do about it, my body was just screaming. This pain was 100 times worse than when I have broken my foot before. The whole thing was numb and to me, it felt like my foot was dangling. Like it had ripped away from the bone or was broken in half. It was the weirdest feeling in the world. Asher (the ref) came over to me and helped to calm me down. The girl in the office could hear me screaming for a long ways away and she came running. They kept touching my foot and asking if I could feel their touching, I couldnt. I kept asking, is it broken? Because I thought for sure it was just hanging there. I was finally carried off the field and laid on the bench. Tears were just rolling off my face for the next 45 minutes. Yes, i was laying there for 45 min! It was horrible. I had the car and Taylor was at the school. He called numerous people while I laid there trying to get a ride. I was able to get a hold of a good friend Aaron Evans and he came flying to get me. I was carried into the car and later taken to the ER with Tay and My mom. Thanks Aaron! You are our hero! At the ER the doctor came in and told me it was not broken, which I was thankful for... until he said I had torn my ligament and it would actually be twice as long to heal. I was kinda disappointed to hear that. So anyways, I have an aircast and have been on crutches for the past week. I have tried to walk on it because I am stubborn and pretty much I made it worse. So I really don't know when I will be able to walk without crutches... But all in all, its been a good learning experience. It has helped me to be humble because it really is humbling when you cant do things for yourself. I have to had Taylor carry me to the bathroom and down the stairs and to make food for me and so on. I could do some of these things by myself but my armpits are so chafed from the crutches It is impossible!
But I am in high spirits and am just thankful it was not worse than it could have been.

A picture of our HERO... Thanks for the Balloons and Rootbeer Floats Aaron and Tash! You guys are amazing!!!






MARCH 25




Happy Birthday to me! Although I spent the whole day on the couch in pain with my foot elevated it was still a good day. Davey and my mama came to visit me and spend time with me and that really made my day. Dave brought a big easter basket with a birthday and get better card. He really is so thoughtful, he is such a good brother. My mama brought a gift and a chocolate milk shake! Now that was YUMMY!!!! I am not saying I expected this from anyone, but I was thankful for the nice thoughts and gestures! Taylor also stayed home from school to help me not feel too down on my special day. :) I received many texts from all my family and friends and I just felt really blessed! After sitting home from 9- about 5... Tay and i decided to go to dinner and celebrate. We went to PF CHANGS which is my favorite! It was a long drive to SLC with my foot up on the dash. haha but we got there and it was yummy. They also gave us free desert because she said she felt bad for me that I had crutches on my birthday... lol so it was worth it. haha.

Anyways, this is the update on the past couple months! Hopefully the next blogs will not be full of anymore hospital trips!!! :)
Love, Cass

4 comments:

Ness said...

I'm glad we are sistas too.
I still have a little present for you for your birthday. Jayben picked it out.
I'm glad you updated your blog too.

Eichmeiers said...

I too am glad you updated your blog! So sad about your ankle. Im sorry!But you will be back playin socca in no time! hang in there:)

Harmony said...

I like all the updates! You need to get that leg better tho!

Kenzie said...

I am glad you updated :) I enjoyed reading your post even the part about me lol anyway, I hope your foot feels better.. You and my mom and your birthdays.. geez.. :)