WOW!!! So this is the most random thing that has ever happened to me in my life, and you have to read the whole story because it is AMAZING!!! I will start this out with a picture.... and then i will explain...(this is after i wiped my face off!!!!)
Alright, so tonight started out like any other night that i go running. My friend Rach met Taylor and I at our house and we headed to my parents. All the runners were Ben, Nick, My dad, Rach and I. We started out and ran about 4 1/2 miles, at about the 4th mile the boys all got ahead of us... We took a 30 second break at my parents, then decided to continue running... we were going to run past my parents church about a mile and then another mile back home. THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD. ;o)
So, we were running past the church and ahead we saw a jeep coming towards us going very fast. I started to yell slow down when all the sudden it felt like rocks were hitting my eyes and body. I thought that maybe their truck had sprayed rocks up at us. I bent over rubbing my eyes because they were burning! and Rach said, "what was that!?" I was thinking, ROCKS... but then i looked down and i was covered in FLOUR! Now, flour might not sound like its that bad, but this was a handful of flour hitting me at 35 mph!
It felt like stones hitting my eyes and face. It was pretty painful! I yelled at them and started to cry.. (my emotions were all over the place!) Then i reached my hand back and was like, rach! give me your phone! I called Taylor and said this... "Tay, go out to the car right now!get in and drive, try to find a jeep, they just hit me with something while we were running... i was also trying to explain what their jeep looked like and kept saying "its like sheeps jupe its like sheeps jupe" instead of Shupe's jeep. His friend Shupe has a jeep just like these boys. ANYWAYS, Taylor did exactly as i said, he went RIGHT outside. As he walked out to the car, you will not believe this, but he saw jeep tail lights in the far distance!!! Assuming it was the boys he jumped in the car and sped like he's never sped before! He flew down the street trying so hard not to lose them. The boys pulled into a driveway and Taylor pulled in right behind them!!! I was on the phone with him and this is what he did. He got out of the car and said "cass, do they have long hair" i said yes. He said "i'll call you back" and hung up. He was so mad! ( i mean who wouldnt be!!!) So, standing right by the drivers side door he looked at the boys. They got out and said, "how you doing?" Tay replied "not so good, that was my wife you just hit... how are you?" The boy said "....not so good" He then told them how messed up it was that they would do that and that it was a misdemeanor and so on. Right then they said they wanted to come appologize and they felt really bad. They told Taylor they would follow him to meet Rach and I. So Taylor called me back and said they were coming to say sorry... I have to admit i was so so so so so angry! My eyes were killing me, (and they still are) because the flour had turned into dough from my eye liquid! ha but anyways, pretty much i was just so mad that someone would have the nerve to do that! So as Rach and I were walking back to the church I was so all over the place with my emotions i decided i needed to tell Ben about this, cause he was running with me earlier. So i called ben and started crying and told him what happened, he was like "WHAT!" WHERE ARE YOU!? i told him almost to the church and that Taylor had found the boys and they were meeting me there. He said, i will be right there! So while Rach and i were walking to the church. Taylor was standing in the parking lot with the two boys. They explained that they thought i was one of their friends and that they had just gotten done asking a girl to the dance with the flour, so when they saw me, thinking i was their friend they just threw it without even thinking about it. After explaining that tay said they were lucky that my dad and brothers werent with me at the time because we are all training for a marathon together. Just then, my dad went running past the church... and Tay said, oh actually there's her dad. They got so scared, they were physically shaking. Tay was like, dont worry, he wont punch you or anything he's actually a nice guy. Well, i passed my dad and told him what happened but knew ben was coming to take care of it, so my dad just kept running. Rach and I finally made it to the church and they boys were standing there. As mad as i was, after i saw their faces, i had a hard time being as mad as i was. They seemed very sincere in their apology. I told them it was not cool what they did and that it hurt my eyes and Rach went right along with it. They kept saying sorry and explained that they thought i was someone else. JUST THEN, around the corner i saw these two boys sprinting like CRAZY! It was Ben and Nick, when i called ben they were at the light by the A&W on 89. They got to the church in 2 min! and i think it was a good 1/2 mile! Ben was TICKED! as i saw them running i said to the young boys, im sorry guys, but you are going to get the wrath of my brothers. They looked terrified! Ben came running up pretty out of breath and said, That was real cool of you guys to do that to my sister! what the heck were you guys thinking! Throwing something out of car is a misdemenor! I am a probation officer and just saw 3 kids in court the other day for this same thing! and each of them got a 300 dollar fine! do you want a 300 dollar fine?? they were like, no.. sir... all remourseful. He just kept going, it was awesome, he was on fire and ticked! He just told them how stupid their choice was and "what would have happened if it would have made her fall and hit her head" and stuff like that. Then he looked at me and said, so do you want to press charges? I sat there for a second to scare them and then said.... um...... i dont know, they do seem pretty mean. and smiled at them. Then i said, no i dont. He said, are you sure? cause we can press charges. I said, no its ok, they seem pretty sincere. So after that, they said sorry again and we just pretty much summed it all up and left. So YA! craziest night ever. But really, if you think about it, the craziest part is my husband! I mean seriously it was like a one in a million chance that he would have found the jeep that did that and he DID! I just had to tell the story cause it was SOOOOO crazy! I was so glad that Taylor found them cause if not i think i would have been upset all night or week! But after i saw their cute faces and they were so sincere, it helped me to get over it. So ya, thats the story!!! Tay wants me to add in there that he is like Jason Borne... he's that good!
MY HERO!!!!!
THE END... IM FINALLY OVER IT, although my eye still hurts and feel like they have dough in them! ;o(
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Running, Flour, Car chase... YOU HAVE GOT TO READ!
Posted by Cassidy and Taylor at 8:57 PM

8 comments:
Hey Cass! I found your blog off Thompson's blog...I hope you dont mind me adding you on ours and reading yours! Anyway I cant believe that happened to you! But I had to laugh cuz I love how you tell your stories! ha ha. I hope your eyes get feeling better soon!
ha ha. that is a funny story. i would have been so mad. im glad tay found them, he is like jason!! and im glad ben talked to them as well. so random that would happen. but i did have to laugh!! im glad your ok!!
I'm glad you're ALIVE!!:D That was crazy! Never a dull moment with you, Cass! Love it!
That is an awesome story! Stupid high school boys... they really don't think about things very well.
Woah that is a pretty crazy story! Your husband is the man!
I actually saw you guys running in the neighborhood. (I live by Ben and Ashley)
Good luck with your eye dough.??
Ha thanks guys! Ya it is pretty funny now.. my eyes are better too just so you know! now i just have a good story to tell! ;o) and awesome pictures!
Ben was still pretty mad when he got home. He told me the whole story. I would have been so scared of Taylor if I were a teenage boy.
You forgot the part where Nick stood in the kids personal space and just stared at him.
cass..hey it is amy warburton jarrett. i found you blog, i hope that is okay, i am glad that things are going well. you and your husband are so cute together.take care
Post a Comment